In version 13.0, we’ve introduced support for creating wired 802.1X profiles. This feature allows you to configure authentication for wired interfaces on your wireless agents. Keep in mind that only wireless agents equipped with a wired interface can utilize this new profile. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create and remove wired 802.1X profiles:
Creating a Wired 802.1X Profile:
- Navigate to the WIFI tab.
- Click on “Add WiFi Network.”
- Configure the profile for 802.1X authentication.
- For the SSID, it cannot be left blank, and it must end with “_dot1xwired.” The remainder of the SSID can be used as a placeholder.
- Click “Save and Continue,” and then select the agent(s) you want to assign to this profile.
Important Note: If an agent has previously been assigned to a wireless profile, you must reassign it to the wireless profile after assigning it to the wired 802.1X profile. This ensures that wireless statistics continue to be reported on the dashboard.
Removing a Wired 802.1X Profile:
As of now, removing a wired 802.1X profile from an agent is not supported directly from the WIFI tab. However, you have three different options to accomplish this:
Option 1: Remove Using Root Access Credentials
If you have root access credentials, follow these steps:
- Open the interactive GUI console for the agent(s) with the wired 802.1X profile assigned.
- Run the following commands:
su mount -o remount,rw / sed -i '/env 802dot1x=1/d' /etc/dhcpcd.conf # Replace <wired_ifname> with the wired interface name rm /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant-<wired_ifname>.conf wpa_cli terminate -i<wired_ifname>
Option 2: Reset to DHCP
Reset the agent(s) with the wired 802.1X profile assigned to DHCP using the provided guide. Please note that this action will also reset the wireless interface configuration.
Option 3: Factory Reset
Factory reset the agent(s) with the wired 802.1X profile assigned using the guide. This will reset all configurations on the agent, including the wired 802.1X profile.